- RSS Channel Showcase 5225045
- RSS Channel Showcase 3093296
- RSS Channel Showcase 4556530
- RSS Channel Showcase 5957632
Articles on this Page
- 11/11/14--12:00: _How the Emulation I...
- 11/12/14--06:53: _Tascam Announces th...
- 11/13/14--07:27: _New Pro Tools Licen...
- 11/13/14--09:57: _Hidden Hit-Makers: ...
- 11/14/14--07:53: _Essential Event: Sp...
- 11/15/14--05:42: _SSL Releases AAX Ve...
- 11/17/14--07:10: _New Room: ReAmp Rec...
- 11/18/14--06:05: _Slate Digital Launc...
- 11/19/14--07:40: _Using Multiband Com...
- 11/19/14--21:45: _Beyond the Basics: ...
- 11/20/14--07:17: _Softube Releases So...
- 11/22/14--06:52: _Black Lion Audio An...
- 11/23/14--17:16: _Recording Studio Sw...
- 11/24/14--07:54: _Pro Sound Effects L...
- 11/25/14--08:08: _Review: Spitfire eD...
- 11/26/14--07:33: _iZotope Releases Sa...
- 11/28/14--07:25: _Grace Design Announ...
- 11/29/14--08:49: _Waves Launches OneK...
- 11/30/14--07:34: _D.W. Fearn Launches...
- 12/01/14--07:27: _Studio Strategy: Th...
- 11/12/14--06:53: Tascam Announces the DR-700 Audio Interface for DSLR Production
- 11/13/14--09:57: Hidden Hit-Makers: History’s Most Iconic Session Musicians
- 11/15/14--05:42: SSL Releases AAX Versions of Duende Native Plugins
- 11/17/14--07:10: New Room: ReAmp Recording Studios, Studio G – Orange County, CA
- 11/18/14--06:05: Slate Digital Launches Virtual Mix Rack – Modular Plugin System
- 11/19/14--07:40: Using Multiband Compression to Conquer Proximity Effect Issues
- 11/19/14--21:45: Beyond the Basics: A Survey of Stereo Microphone Techniques
- 11/20/14--07:17: Softube Releases Solid State Logic XL 9000 K-Series for Console 1
- 11/22/14--06:52: Black Lion Audio Announces B12A MKII
- 11/23/14--17:16: Recording Studio Sweet Spot – 825 Records, Brooklyn (Video Tour)
- 11/25/14--08:08: Review: Spitfire eDNA01 – Earth – by Andrew Koss
- 11/26/14--07:33: iZotope Releases Sample-Based Synthesizer – Iris 2
- 11/28/14--07:25: Grace Design Announces m905 Analog-Only Stereo Reference Monitor
- 11/29/14--08:49: Waves Launches OneKnob Pumper Plugin — Instant Ducking
- 12/01/14--07:27: Studio Strategy: The Augspurger Upgrade in Quad Studios’ Q2
Adore analog? Dig digital only? Nothing blurs the audio lines like software emulations of hardware processors.
Producers and engineers who are evolving their studios now have an embarrassment of emulations available to them. These are virtual versions of classic and/or rare boxes, and we need them because the real thing … Read More
Ready to get the picture? This new recorder goes with a DSLR camera like a peanut butter and chocolate converge in a Reese’s.
The newly available licensing plan for Pro Tools users is all about the long view.
It’s complicated, and some of the details that Avid announced to the press yesterday are backdated, so this is one of those times where we’ll … Read More
A handful of documentaries released since the turn of the new century, from 2002’s Standing In the Shadows of Motown to 2013’s Muscle Shoals, have helped us put names and faces to the backing musicians that brought some of our favorite recordings to life. It can be surprising to learn … Read More
“Glyn Johns was there.” – Sir Paul McCartney
That only begins to tell the story of how important this engineer’s engineer is to recorded music. Imagine if your audio resume included The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, … Read More
The Duende plug-in collection includes:EQ & Dynamics Channel Stereo Bus Compressor Drumstrip and… Read More
Dreamin’ California? If so, Orange County is coming on strong.
Some interesting action is unfolding there, with a fresh wave of studios coming online in a market they see as overtalented and underserved. The latest is ReAmp Recording Studios, which is making a big statement about the region with … Read More
500 x 4 really adds up.
Slate Digital has an attractive equation for engineers, producers, and mixers with the Virtual Mix Rack, a modular plugin system that brings a virtual 500 series straight into the DAW.
The VMR is starting off with four tasty and authentic emulations of classic … Read More
What is the Proximity Effect?
The proximity effect describes how bass frequencies build up when a microphone is brought very close to a sound source. This effect frequently occurs when a vocalist moves around a lot while singing, varying their distance from the microphone diaphragm from phrase to phrase, or … Read More
Surround sound is becoming more ubiquitous than ever, but when it comes to music, stereo is still king. While up to 40% of American households now have surround sound systems, the penetration of stereo is high enough to consider it 100% for all practical purposes—once you take into account all … Read More
Console 1 is Softube’s solution for closing the analog console-DAW gap. Their system allows users to mix audio with their hardware interface that resembles a horizontally layered channel strip. The Console 1 ships with Solid State Logic’s SL 4000 E model for processing.
Mod extraordinaire Black Lion Audio has announced their B12A MKII single channel mic preamp straight out of Chicago. Their new preamp, like Black Lion’s original B12A, is based on the API 312A but introduces a few additional modifications:Upgraded Input Transformer Higher Gain Lower Noise Output Transformer… Read More
He’s not the hardest-working man in music — yet.
But give Matty Amendola time, and the Brooklyn producer/engineer/composer/multi-instrumentalist may yet get a share of that coveted title. There’s nothing musical he won’t do, whether it’s artist development, laying down a killer drum track, or cutting vocals at 3 AM to … Read More
Robin Hood has returned!
For those of us that love music/sound synthesis, sound designing, and electronic production, we are living in glorious times indeed. We now have a vast ocean with a plentiful bounty to fill our synthesizer appetites. Every week it seems I’m reading yet another email or news article about a new … Read More
The idea behind iZotope’s Iris software is to combine the capabilities of a sampler and modular synthesizer (see SonicScoop’s review of the original edition here). The next step for Iris 2 introduces new features like integrating similar editing tools used in iZotope’s other spectrum editing software products. Users … Read More
Colorado-based Grace Design originally developed their acclaimed m905 with included DAC – now with the audio-only version of the m905, users that already have converters can still make use of the m905 reference monitor controller. Users can upgrade to the digital version at any time.
With … Read More
A true gentleman of audio, Mr. D.W. Fearn is into heavy metal.
We talk not of his taste in music (although Black Sabbath and Meshuggah may indeed grace his home stereo), but his audio designs. The latest proof is the company’s new VT-24 Four-Channel Vacuum Tube Microphone Preamplifier.
Inspired … Read More
Evolution is supposed to happen gradually – biologically speaking, a few thousand years is a nice brisk pace for major changes to unfold.
Some elite New York City facilities are operating on a different timeline. This past February SonicScoop reported on the freshly renovated Studio Q1 at Quad Studios, … Read More